Common Service Centers (CSC 2.0)
Based on the assessment of CSC scheme, the Government launched the CSC 2.0 scheme in 2015 to expand the outreach of CSCs to all Gram Panchayats across the country. Under CSC 2.0 scheme, at least one CSC will be set up in each of the 2.5 lakh GPs across the country by 2019. CSCs functioning under the existing scheme will also be strengthened and integrated with additional 1.5 lakh CSCs across the country. CSC 2.0 scheme would consolidate service delivery through a universal technology platform, thereby making e-services, particularly G2C services accessible to citizens anywhere in the country.
Key Features of CSC 2.0 scheme
- A self-sustaining network of 2.5 lakh CSCs in Gram Panchayats
- Large bouquet of e-services through a single delivery platform
- Standardization of services and capacity building of stakeholders
- Localized Help Desk support
- Sustainability of VLEs through maximum commission sharing
- Encouraging more women as VLEs
Unemployed and educated youth
This scheme provides employment.
How To Apply
Applicants can register for CSCs through the registration process available at https://register.csc.gov.in